Become a Member
WMHCA State Application
WMHCA Clinical and Associate Membership – $100
AMHCA/WMHCA Dual Membership
Dual Membership – $227
WMHCA provides these important services to all mental health counselors in Washington State:
- Sustains a year-round presence in Olympia to ensure access on critical issues affecting LMHCs— like privileged communication.
- Builds LMHC credibility so that we are now included by most MCOs, PPOs, and insurers as covered providers of mental health services.
- Sponsors an annual conference and statewide approved continuing education programs.
- Maintains cooperative and consistent contact with other professional counseling organizations to assure a strong coalition on matters of mutual interest.
- Attends and/or monitors state Department of Health agency meetings affecting the regulation of mental health counseling.
- Maintains this WMHCA website with frequently updated information about issues concerning mental health counseling…
WMHCA Relies on it’s strong membership base to:
- Support relevant legislation
- Write and distribute educational materials
- Advocate for its membership
The more members we have, the stronger our voice. If you are not a member, join today. Becoming a part of WMHCA not only adds to our strength, it adds to YOUR professional identity.
AMHCA is the national organization representing licensed mental health counselors and state chapters, with consistent standards of education, training, licensing, practice, advocacy and ethics. WMHCA is the Washington State chapter of AMHCA.
You can become a dual member of WMHCA and AMHCA by clicking here to pay Washington “unified dues.”
- Students enrolled in an accredited master’s or doctoral degree program in mental health counseling or the behavioral/social sciences.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors
- Mental Health Counselors possessing a master’s or doctoral degree with a major or minor in mental health counseling or the behavioral/social sciences.
- Retired Mental Health Counselors
*Student Associate members who join as students are eligible for an additional 2 year membership extension at the current student rate for membership dues.