Become a Member
WMHCA State Application
WMHCA Clinical and Associate Membership – $100
AMHCA/WMHCA Dual Membership
Dual Membership – $227
WMHCA provides these important services to all mental health counselors in Washington State:
- Sustains a year-round presence in Olympia to ensure access on critical issues affecting LMHCs— like privileged communication.
- Builds LMHC credibility so that we are now included by most MCOs, PPOs, and insurers as covered providers of mental health services.
- Sponsors an annual conference and statewide approved continuing education programs.
- Maintains cooperative and consistent contact with other professional counseling organizations to assure a strong coalition on matters of mutual interest.
- Attends and/or monitors state Department of Health agency meetings affecting the regulation of mental health counseling.
- Maintains this WMHCA website with frequently updated information about issues concerning mental health counseling…
WMHCA Relies on it’s strong membership base to:
- Support relevant legislation
- Write and distribute educational materials
- Advocate for its membership
The more members we have, the stronger our voice. If you are not a member, join today. Becoming a part of WMHCA not only adds to our strength, it adds to YOUR professional identity.
- Students enrolled in an accredited master’s or doctoral degree program in mental health counseling or the behavioral/social sciences.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors
- Mental Health Counselors possessing a master’s or doctoral degree with a major or minor in mental health counseling or the behavioral/social sciences.
- Retired Mental Health Counselors
*Student Associate members who join as students are eligible for an additional 2 year membership extension at the current student rate for membership dues.