Continuing Education approval offered by WMHCA!
WMHCA is a recognized organization eligible to approve providers of continuing education according to the Washington State Department of Health (WAC 246-810-610). Approval by WMHCA informs individuals licensed by the Department of Health Counselor Programs that continuing education course content and instructor qualifications meet or exceed the scope of practice and guidelines set by each licensed mental health discipline and the Department of Health.
Please review the Application Guidelines and the Scope of Practice information, and then submit the Application for continuing education approval from the Washington Mental Health Counselors Association (WMHCA).
- Click on the “Event Application” button, and download the latest application
- Open the document, using a fillable PDF app or program. Use the “Downloadable PDF Tools” button if you don’t have one.
- Fill out the application on your computer, and save it under your workshop title.
- For multiple titles, fill out a copy of page 3 for each title.
- Find or create an electronic CV for each presenter, as well as a course outline for each title.
- Email your completed application, including multiple title form pages and CVs, to [email protected]
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to use our online payment portal at http://wmhca.org/ce-approval-payment-page/. Applications will not be reviewed until payment is received. If you must pay by check, the mailing address is 11410 NE 124th St #658, Kirkland, WA 98034
Allow ample time from the receipt of your completed application and your payment for us to complete our evaluation. Upon approval you will be assigned a CE provider number and instructions on how to identify that your workshop has been approved. In the event that your application is rejected, you will receive instructions on how to resubmit your offering.
We believe that this process is cost competitive and consistent with the national provider approval programs. You have the added advantage of being able to get authorization for all three master’s level groups if you so desire. We look forward to providing this service to you. Please email me at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thank you for your interest.