Established in 2015, Recovery and Wellness Center of Eastern Washington is the area's first Treatment Facility providing Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs for the treatment of Eating Disorders. In addition to our Eating Disorder Programs we provide Intensive Outpatient Treatment Programs for Depression and Anxiety.
Licensed Therapist (Job located in Richland, WA)
All programs utilize a therapeutic, evidence-based curriculum containing lessons that are Cognitive Behavioral and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy based. Our experienced Medical Providers, Licensed Therapists, and Registered Dietitians partner with our patients to create an individualized treatment plan focused on recovery.
The individual hired with be crossed trained to work in all programs. As part of the treatment team, the candidates will provide the following, including but not limited to;
- Perform intake assessments, psychosocial assessments, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention of members with psychiatric disorders including but not limited to eating disorders, depression and anxiety.
- Develop and coordinate a clinical treatment plan for assigned patients, present weekly progress and struggles during treatment team, and develop appropriate discharge planning.
- Consult with other professional providers, as part of a multidisciplinary team, to provide appropriate treatment for the patient.
- Demonstrate ability to provide comprehensive and ongoing assessment resulting in appropriate treatment recommendations.
- Create an individualized treatment plan with specific and measurable goals.
- Be responsible for Clinical Reviews, Utilization Reviews and work closely with the team to accomplish insurance authorizations for services
- Continually monitor progress and re-evaluate appropriateness of goals, resetting as appropriate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and practice of clinical interviewing/counseling skills.
- Demonstrate ability to build therapeutic rapport.
- Encourage reluctant and/or resistant patients and/or family members to stay in program and build motivation.
- Provide case management for each assigned case, demonstrating ability to facilitate and/or ensure the whole of patient care.
- Integrate all aspects of care and ease the process of treatment for the patient.
- Facilitate groups with expertise, demonstrating ability to engage, set limits and monitor the group process.
- Provide weekly individual and family sessions, group counseling, education and meetings as assigned.
- Chart patient's treatment and progress in accordance with state regulations and department procedures and facilitate ancillary services/community referrals.
- Interpret psychiatric treatment to appropriate supports and help to reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of psychiatric care and continuation of treatment.
- Be creative in therapeutic interventions to include homework assignments, community resources, etc.
- Complete clinical paperwork, progress notes, and group notes in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Demonstrate leadership in assuring continuity and quality of intensive outpatient program, including curriculum development and group implementation.
- Attention to discharge plan, development of aftercare plan, transition sessions with out patient treatment providers (if applicable), and patient’s knowledge of available resources.
- Complete thorough discharge summaries that reflect course of treatment and discharge recommendations
- Effectively and consistently communicate to referral sources
- Maintain regular contact with families, outside clinicians, referring parties, and report safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies
- Participate in in-service training and individual/group supervision
Performs other duties assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree
- Current Washington State License as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Advanced Social Worker, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Psychologist
- Minimum 2 years full-time work (or equivalent) in Behavioral Health Post Licensure
- Demonstrates grasp of the position's core competencies
- Three years experience working with eating disorders preferred but not required
- Up to date CPR/basic first aid certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong organization and attention to detail
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com