You were trying to access a members-only page. Please log in - or join WMHCA - to get access!
Benefits of WMHCA membership:
- Our professional lobbyist advocates year-round for counselor and
client rights at the Washington State Legislature regarding issues critical to our field.
- WMHCA lobbies and petitions for important changes that enhance the status of clinical mental health counselors in the marketplace.
- Up to date information when changes to policy and regulations happen within the field.
- Ethical consults at no cost to you. WMHCA covers the fee with, Eric Strom, a well known attorney and licensed mental health counselor. He is well versed in matters of ethical client care, insurance, sole proprietorships, LLC’s, PLLC’s, and the like,
- Discounts on WMHCA sponsored trainings, including Ethics, HIPAA compliance, supervision, and licensure prep workshops.
- Access to on-demand courses at a discount through a partnership with Constant Edu
- Promotion of our profession to managed care organizations, insurance companies and employers.
- Mental health counseling news online and through issues of Insights, our quarterly newsletter.
- Opportunities to network with colleagues through regular meetings.
- A listing in our find a clinician directory
- A listing in our find a clinical supervisor directory.
For WMHCA/AMHCA dual membership, please visit AMHCA.
Clinical Members Master's degree or higher in counseling or a related field covering the basic principles of mental health counseling from a regionally accredited institution. Primary work is in direct delivery of counseling services. Hold state licensure.
Regular Members Master's degree or higher in counseling or a related field covering the basic principles of mental health counseling from a regionally accredited institution.
Associate Members Completed Masters or Doctoral degree and is working towards full licensure.
Student Members are students enrolled in an accredited master’s or doctoral degree program related to mental health counseling or the behavioral/social science.
Retired members Master's degree or higher in counseling or a related field covering the basic principles of mental health counseling from a regionally accredited institution
All of these designations have voting rights.
You can also register for a national and state combined membership.