Benefits of WMHCA membership:
Professional lobbyist working for you.
- Our professional lobbyist advocates year-round for counselor and
client rights at the Washington State Legislature regarding issues critical to our field.
Opportunities to lobby with WMHCA.
- During the legislative sessions, WMHCA provides up to date information about bills that impact the counseling profession and lobbies and petitions for important changes that enhance the status of clinical mental health counselors in the marketplace.
Policy and ethics updates.
- Up to date information when changes to policy and regulations happen within the field.
- WMHCA covers the fee with, Eric Ström, a well-known attorney and licensed mental health counselor. He is well versed in matters of ethical client care, insurance, sole proprietorships, LLC’s, PLLC’s, and more.
Continuing education discounts
- WMHCA sponsored trainings, including Ethics, HIPAA compliance, supervision, suicide prevention, and licensure prep workshops.
- Discounted WMHCA on-demand courses with Constant Edu
Promotion and partnerships
- Ongoing efforts to support and partner with other organizations involved in improving mental health outcomes for all individuals.
- Mental health counseling news online and through issues of Insights, our quarterly newsletter that comes right to your inbox.
- Opportunities to network with colleagues by attending WMHCA committee meetings, board meetings, trainings, lobby day and networking events.
- WMHCA find a clinician directory listing
- WMHCA find a clinical supervisor directory listing
- WMHCA listing of business and organizational partners
For WMHCA/AMHCA dual membership, please visit AMHCA.
Clinical Members Master's degree or higher in counseling or a related field covering the basic principles of mental health counseling from a regionally accredited institution. Primary work is in the direct delivery of counseling services. Hold state licensure.
Regular Members Master's degree or higher in counseling or a related field covering the basic principles of mental health counseling from a regionally accredited institution.
Associate Members Completed Masters or Doctoral degree and is working towards full licensure.
Student Members are students enrolled in an accredited master’s or doctoral degree program related to mental health counseling or behavioral/social science. (This is meant for non-licensed individuals. If you are an associate, choose that membership; if you are fully licensed, choose a clinical membership. No CEs are awarded for workshops for student members.)
Retired members have a Master's degree or higher in counseling or a related field covering the basic principles of mental health counseling from a regionally accredited institution.
All of these designations have voting rights.
If you work at a non-profit community mental health center licensed by the state (part of the Washington Council for Behavioral Health) we offer 50% off of your membership. If you are a student we offer free membership for the first year.
If these situations apply to you please reach out to email@example.com for the coupon codes.
You can also register for a national and state combined membership.